It seems to me that the first thing that changes when coming out of a recession is attitude. It's sometimes difficult to recognize because the people that you hang around with may be positive most of the time. However, they are also realistic and may be in businesses or jobs that have been hit really hard. So even they may have an even cheerier prospective.
In the course of a month, I meet a lot of people. Some I know, some I'm getting to know. The one thing that they all seem to have in common is that they feel that we are turning the corner. The economy either is or is about to begin it's way back. I agree.
The Anderson School of Economics at U.C.L.A. said this morning that we would begin a turn-around in September of this year. I'm not quite sure how they know that it will begin in that particular month and I have not seen their research but that's what they think and that it will begin right here in Los Angeles.
It would seem to me that being that there are brilliant economists all over the world that have a differing opinion on so many of the same subjects, that nobody really 'knows'. Apart from the fact that between now and September, many things could change.
One thing is for sure. You and I can choose not to take part in the recession atall. Why not get up in the morning with the attitude that nothing will stop me from doing what I need to do today. Then do the same thing tomorrow. You will likely not succeed in getting everything done, every day but nobody can stop you from doing your best! Nobody! See you tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment